Nestled in the heart of historic downtown San Antonio along the banks of the world famous River Walk thrives the nucleus of our City’s convention industry. The Henry B. González Convention Center (HBGCC) plays host to more than 300 events each year with over 750,000 convention delegates from around the world.
The facility offers meeting and exhibit space within walking distance to the River Walk, historical attractions, restaurants, shops and hotels. It also meets the ever-evolving needs of the industry with innovative design and flexible indoor and outdoor space.
Facility features include:
- 514,000 sq ft of contiguous exhibit space
- 86,500 sq ft of column-free multipurpose space
- Over 70 meeting rooms, including divisible breakout rooms
- The largest ballroom in Texas: Stars at Night Ballroom-54,000 sq ft
- Improved circulation, wayfinding and accessibility of spaces
- Innovative design, flexible spaces and advanced technology
- The largest indoor courtyard
- Eco-friendly design using energy reduction measures
- Full service UPS Business Center
- Multiple loading docks
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Compressed air, electricity, water and drainage available in the exhibit halls
In addition, the complex features the Lila Cockrell Theatre, a 2,319-seat Performing Arts Theatre.
Come and see for yourself why readers of Meetings South Magazine have voted the Henry B. González Convention Center the “Best Convention Center in the Industry” two years in a row.
Mission Statement of San Antonio Convention and Sports Facilities: "Enriching San Antonio’s economy and community through exceptional people, events, and facilities.".